Have you ever played a Roller Coaster at home? Probably not. Thinkfun brings you another way to experience an exciting Roller Coaster Challenge without visiting an amusement park. Instead of enjoying the roller coaster, this time kids will act as little engineers to build the path in a logical way and offer the passengers a safe journey of enjoying the Roller Coaster. My kid is 6 years old and he enjoys building the ride, solving the challenges, and even playing in his own way. Without further ado, let’s get started on our review.
What is the Roller Coaster Challenge?
ThinkFun has designed a range of Smart STEM games for kids. Roller Coaster Challenge is one of them and it is awarded the Toy of the Year Award Finalist in 2018. Similar to our last review of ThinkFun Gravity Maze, it is a smart game to help kids train logical thinking.
Watch Video Introduction of Roller Coaster Challenge
If you love smart games, you might also love ThinkFun Gravity Maze. Read our Game Review HERE.
The goal of Roller Coaster Challenge
The goal of the game is pretty simple. The little engineers should lead the tiny roller coaster cart from the start to the end. To make the game more dynamic and challenging, some rules and constraints written in the game cards are applied to make the game with challenges. For example, you have to use assigned pieces of pillars, different kinds of conjunction parts, and diversified lengths of tracks to build a complete ride. In some of the challenges, the tiny car has to cross the tunnel(s) provided. That’s full of challenges, but it’s a lot of fun and satisfaction while you are able to make a safe ride without dropping the car from the tracks.
Key Features of the Roller Coaster Challenge Game
- The Roller Coaster Kit covers 40 game levels of increasing difficulty. Kids can challenge it one by one, and finally become professional roller coaster builders.
- Colorful instruction manual is included. Before playing the game, partners can help explain how to play, then kids can enjoy the games and understand the rules applied.
- The game is good for establishing critical thinking, reasoning and planning skills. Without said skills, the little roller coaster car cannot run through the ride. Kids can plan the path in advance and test if it works.
What Thinkfun’s Roller Coaster Challenge includes;
- 1 game board
- 36 posts
- 39 tracks
- 2 tunnels
- 1 roller coaster car
- 40 challenging cards with solutions
- Detailed Instruction Guide in colors.
Other Parents’ feedback of the Roller Coaster Challenge
- This sounds like a fun idea
- My 10 year old has been playing with this non-stop since we got the ThinkFun’s Roller Coaster Challenge.
- Creative puzzle game in 3D for kids
- My son gives Roller Coaster Challenge 1,000 stars
- This is a fantastic STEM game for little engineers. If the childs like to build, this is the perfect toy.
- One of the only STEM smart games that can take your kids away from the monitors.
More feedback could be found HERE.
My boy and even I found the roller coaster challenge interesting. We spent a few weeks clearing those 40 challenges and took more time to play around by setting our own rules. It is suggested to read through the instructions before starting the games. Some concepts such as the length of the tracks use of the conjunction section should be clear because it helps you plan the game well. If you and your little engineers love smart STEM games, that’s what you should try.
There is a huge growth in the STEM toys Market. It might probably reach revenue up to US$9.5 Billion by 2025. Here are some key insights. The analysis of the market forecasts that the industry will witness 1.5 times growth…
What are 3D pens? 3D Pens are magic wands that let you turn what you draw into a 3-dimensional object. Imagine that, you can now take a portable 3D printer on hand, how accurate the object you can illustrate depends…
Recently, my son became obsessed with Gravity Maze and spent much of his playing time in this interesting marble run brain game that we bought for him. This educational STEM toy is designed by ThinkFun. As you might know, ThinkFun…
Apart from the robotic toys, our research team has also taken more than 50 hours to study and play over the electric circuit kits that help little engineers aged 7 to 14 to learn STEM and electronics with fun. What…
About Smartwatches for Kids Smartwatches are fashionable accessories that people bring along every day. These trendy gadgets provide a range of practical features that help simplify and organize daily works. Smartwatches for adults contain plenty of apps and games. Smartwatches…
When it comes to Amazon Prime Day, it is always the best time to save money and buy toys for kids at a great deal. If you are going to purchase robot toys or STEM-related products for your little scientists/engineers,…